The primary objective of the project is to develop Information Literacy skills in school students and teachers to equip them to face the challenges posed by the 21st century learning environment.
Information Literacy enables a learner to,
- Determine the nature and extent of information needed
- Access the needed information effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate information and its sources critically and incorporate selected information into his or her knowledge base and value system
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose
- Understand many of the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information, and accesses and uses information ethically and legally